Jeremy is an associate in Jackson Russell's Employment Law team and has significant experience in most aspects of employment law.
09 300 6936
022 098 8736
Jeremy has practised employment law since 2012, including in Auckland and Wellington. He has also worked in London in a regulatory law role at the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
Jeremy is experienced in many aspects of employment law, particularly in the resolution of personal grievances, how to deal with tricky staff behaviour and performance issues, restructuring processes and compliance matters. He also has experience assisting clients with investigations and professional discipline (e.g. Law Society and Teachers Council) matters.
Example of Jeremy’s recent work include:
- Successfully obtaining interim reinstatement for a senior manager at an Australasian telecommunications company.
- Representing a national provider of recreation services in collective bargaining for their first ever collective employment agreement.
- Negotiating re-employment arrangements for a large group of airport biosecurity officers whose employment was impacted by COVID-19.
- Assisting the director of a security company in defending claims of sexual harassment from an ex-employee.
- Representing clients at mediation and in Employment Relations Authority and Employment Court matters, including compliance orders, personal grievances and restraint of trade matters.
Jeremy values the importance of engaging with clients in a pragmatic and down-to-earth manner to help clients achieve their desired outcomes.
Outside of work, Jeremy is a passionate fan of Arsenal Football Club and enjoys politics and travelling.